In the 2017 United Kingdom General Election, several political parties, including the Conservatives, were led by women.
These women leaders were:
- Theresa May – Conservative Party
- Caroline Lucas – Green Party of England and Wales (Joint Leader)
- Nicola Sturgeon – Scottish National Party
- Plaid Cymru – Leanne Wood
- Scottish Green Party – Maggie Chapman (Co-Convenor)
- Alliance Party of Northern Ireland – Naomi Long
Meanwhile, the Scottish Conservative and Unionist Party, which is the Conservative Party section in Scotland was led by Ruth Davidson.
The Scottish Labour Party, the Labour Party section in Scotland, was led by Kezia Dugdale.
Pic: Party Leaders in Scotland included several women. From RHS corner – Dugdale (Scottish Labour), Sturgeon (SNP) and Davidson (Scottish Conservative). Pic The Telegraph